Monday, May 1, 2017

News from Honolulu

Howzit family!

Things have been pretty good here on my side of the ocean. Weather has been a bit rainier the last couple of months but temp wise is doesn't change a whole lot. But as the summer months are coming I've heard it gets miserably hot serving in town. Fingers crossed I'm out of here before July. :P As for my taste buds, I have started to like pineapple more. I don't know if it's just a matter of me changing or the fact that pineapple is just better here. I'm leaning towards the latter.

This week has been a very enjoyable one. Early in the week I went on an exchange with Elder Kirkham and while we were out and about we ran into this guy who lives in the Lanakila housing and he turned out to be a Catholic who is the brother of a member from my last ward in Kaneohe. He agreed to see us again and hopefully we will see him more in the future. We also finally started teaching Ken, the radio DJ, this week as well. It can be hard to catch him because he lives outside of our ward boundaries but he spends a lot of time at Skyson USA which is in our area so we teach him there. If things start to progress we will probably have to pass him to the Makiki elders so they can get him to their church.

A family in the ward (the Crowells) spoke in sacrament this week and invited their non-member friend named Jessica to hear them then talk to us after. We talked to her about the plan of salvation and she liked it but is still relatively committed to the Catholic church. She has a boyfriend that is a member and he said he will read the Book of Mormon with her so hopefully that will push her in the right direction. Fingers and arms crossed. We also found out that there are more part member families in this ward than we knew so we are trying to hit them harder. There's a bit of a feeling of complacency with those families though (from both the member and non member halves) so we're trying to find the most loving way of lighting a fire under them.

We also spent a whole day working with Levi Fuaga in the ward. He is just about ready to get his mission call so he is pretty pumped to be going out with us once a week or so. In hindsight I wish I had been as gung-ho when I was still prepping for the mission.

Well with that this is the last week of transfers so we will be finding out news this Saturday. Odds are I will be staying in Hon-west and Elder Campbell will be moving on to smaller and simpler things. Love you all and hope your week is great.

Love ya!

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment