Monday, May 15, 2017

Sunrise Hike

Aloha!

So great to talk to the ohana yesterday! I already hit on most of what happened this week in my call home but just as a recap I got my new companion this week. His name is Elder Lewis and he is from Rexburg, Idaho. He has been out for 5 months and so far has spent all his time on the Big Island. Its been a bit of a shock for him adjusting to everything being so close and working in a city. Where he came from everything is all ranches and so he's been getting pretty sore and sunburned here but he has a good attitude about it so I can't complain. So far so good with him.

This week we also got up early to help Bishop teach the young men about the priesthood after a sunrise hike. So getting up at 4:30 am to be ready for that was not the best feeling but overall it was a great experience. Bishop Saula is just such a great and caring guy and I'm glad that these youth have him to look up to. All in all not a lot has changed but I am really looking forward to another 6 weeks in this ward and I can tell that Elder Lewis and I have a lot of work to do here. The church is true and we all need to spread the word.

Love you guys and thanks for all that you do.

Elder Smith

Pic of some of my MTC district at transfers. Sister Wilson, Elders Campbell and Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment