Monday, March 27, 2017

Transfer Week


Hey Family!

So today is yet another holiday meaning that all the libraries are clolsed and I am emailing from a members house. You might be wondering what holiday, and it is in fact Prince Kuhio Day!... Yeah I really don't know what the point of it is but I guess he was an important guy and it gives everyone a chance to be off school and work so hooray Prince Kuhio!

Anyway this has been a pretty solid week, I didn't realize how fast the time was going by so the reason I didn't mention anything about transfers last week was just because I totally forgot that we were already that far into the transfer. But yeah me and Elder Campbell are staying here in the Hon-West zone so we're excited to see what happens in the next 6 weeks. Lessons have been going pretty good, we have been able to catch more of the part members families this week so that has been a huge help, any RM will tell you that's where the most results come from. Hopefully we will start seeing some progress there. The downside to this area is definitely the fact that the people here are such hard workers, it's great for them but for us it means that they work multiple jobs and are just never home so a lot of our day is just spent trying to contact people that are never there. We keep a pretty good attitude, most days we can see at least one person but even on the days that we don't we just try our best to be our best and know that the lord will take care of the rest (that wasn't suppose to rhyme, whoops).

So in transfer news there isn't a lot of people leaving this zone but one awesome bit of news that I heard is that Elder Boyd is being moved to the ward right next to me so I'm looking forward to hearing from him and going on exchanges with him again. That also means that there are 4 elders in this zone that served in the Kaneohe 3rd ward, we have lots to talk about.

Before I need to hop off here I just need to emphasize the fact that Elder Campbell and I got a couple new investigators this week (more than usual) and while we'd love to take credit it is honestly because the members are staring to invite their friends and non-member family to dinners with us. I think sometimes people are afraid to do this because they (member and nonmember) think that missionary discussions are this big formal scripted event that have to be followed to the letter. Obviously they are meant to be a spiritual experience but its honestly our job to make these people feel comfortable with the gospel and with us. It doesn't need to be a big thing, but it can easily become something great. Just wanted you guys to know that's how the best work gets done.

I love you all and hope everyone is doing their part in this great work.

Aloha
Elder Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment