Monday, April 17, 2017

Happy Easter!

Aloha!

So this has been a very interesting week. I say that because while it feels like it has been very successful on paper we didn't really get anything good on papers (in terms of numbers that we report) so I guess that why they tell us that only we can be judges of our own success haha. Anyway this week started off pretty good with the mission taking a day to have all the missionaries go out and just find new people to teach. Sadly no such luck for me and Elder Campbell, but we did have the opportunity to talk to quite a few people. Got to plant seeds wherever we go.

In Easter news our Sunday program was pretty good. Sacrament was amazing and the lessons in gospel principles and elders quorum were really good. Since it was Easter we did have a lot more of the part member families that came to church, we tried to talk to as many as we could but those people have been trained in the art of dodging missionaries so we will see if any of that pans out. Sadly nobody signed up to feed us on Easter so that was a bit sad, but its all good because Elder Campbell and I spent the dinner break dyeing Easter eggs. What a time :P

I think that Easter is one of the most easily over looked holidays in the eyes of the world, but the Resurrection of Christ is one of the most important events in the history of this earth. Through that we can all conquer physical death and be together forever with Christ and with our families. I don't think I have ever given the holiday that kind of appreciation and I hope that I always remember that and that you do to. I just feel so blessed and its amazing.

My next transfer is the second week of May so I'll be in Hon-West for at least another few weeks (and probably more than that, I think this will be a 3 transfer area, but that's just my guess). But yeah its been another great week here in paradise but let me tell you it has been a lot hotter. It seems like every day its overcast right up until its time for us to work, then suddenly its blazing hot. Elder Campbell and I walk most of the time to try and see more people, but then that means that we get sunburns and are drenched in sweat after like an hour. So needless to say by the end of the day I'm basically a sweaty stinky mess (sorry :P). But yeah here's a funny story for you. So me and Campbell were walking in a neighborhood and a dog started viciously barking at us (typical) and then it charged us but it had a chain on so we didn't flinch. Only thing is it got to the end of its chain and pulled so hard the chain broke. There was like 3 seconds of silence where me, Campbell, and the dog all came to the realization of what just happened then it started to advance on us a bit and we both kinda freaked out (it was a very "built" dog, kinda like our dog Indy) and so we were both prepared to take this thing down with our bags, but luckily by the grace of God or sheer luck it backed off before it tried to bite. Never thought that sorta thing would actually happen to me but I guess it does happen haha.

President Bekker called and told me about Gruncle passing away. I know that it was his time and that he lived an honorable life. I'm just glad that he went peacefully.

Well time is short. Hope your Easter was amazing and that your upcoming week is great.
Love you all,
Elder Smith

Egg dyeing skills.




No comments:

Post a Comment