Monday, December 4, 2017

Service and Conference and Kona Oh My

Aloha!
So quite a bit happened this week, lets start from the beginning. We did a lot of service this week for people in our ward as well as some in the other wards. The service at the Kings in our ward went well and was very physically draining, moved 100's of pounds of rugs while getting destroyed by every mosquito on this side of O'ahu. Recovering from the bites was an experience. But aside from that Elder Hayes and I were able to reset Ikaika with a baptismal date in early January. I have loved teaching him and have definitely seen a change in him from the spirit. His desire to come to church has increased and his ability to understand the doctrine has gotten so much better as well. Another cool thing is that he has a really hard time reading, but since he started reading the Book of Mormon his reading has gotten better as well. I know that that book is of God and works all kinds of miracles. Also our investigator Francis came to church this week which was awesome because we haven't seen him in almost a month. He has also been a joy to teach and I know that his faith will lead him to the truth one of these days.

Saturday was a blast, all 100+ missionaries on O'ahu were at a conference in Laie and we got to hear from Elder Stanfill of the seventy. He talked a lot on the importance of following the spirit and how what we need to do and how we need to do it comes easy once we remember who is leading us. Also if we don't have the spirit we don't even have the authority to teach the gospel so that was an interesting thought. All in all it was a fantastic training. In the fun news we (all 100+missionaries) all sang Live Aloha, video will be included.

Then the time came for transfer news, as expected Elder Hayes is staying and I will be heading out. I am moving to the Kona zone on the Big Island, I will be covering the Kealakekua Ward and my new comp is Elder Lee (he came out with Elder Hayes so he's been out about 3 months). I am super sad to be leaving this ward, these have been my favorite members and I have absolutely loved the 4 1/2 months I have spent here. I am excited to be heading to a new area though, new adventures everywhere.

Love you all and remember to keep Lighting the World

Elder Smith​

No comments:

Post a Comment