Monday, November 27, 2017

Terrible Cold and 20 Years Old

Howzit?

Well I think the title to my email just about sums up the week. I was starting to feel a little down in the dumps last Sunday but by Monday I was fine and we were able to do some visits with the youth. Then on Tuesday I went with Elder Hayes to the doctor's office in Kahuku so he could get his prescription refilled and on the way back I started to feel like crap (so everyone at the pharmacy thought we were there for me cuz I looked like a zombie but it was for Hayes and he looked fine). Anyway I felt like crap so I wasn't able to work for 2 days, I finally felt good around Thanksgiving but we weren't suppose to proselyte that day, instead we went to the ward's turkey bowl, then hung out with the Wahiawa elders (who had a turkey that was cooked in an Imu, sooo good), went to a lunch/dinner with the King family (she's Tongan, he's Paulagi, they have 10 kids) so of course we were fed beyond the natural capacity of a human being. Kaike Mate. After that we went to another dinner at the Nakasones and they fed us a lot more. We were down by the end of it.

After we recovered from our food coma we played risk with the ZLs and called it a night. I was better for the rest of the week and we were actually able to get work done, not a lot of progress because just about everyone was recovering from Thanksgiving but we were able to have another meeting with Ikaika and he is so pumped to be baptized, we just need to get his extended family here. Last night we met with a returning family named the Wedgesen's and it was so cool, they had a huge testimony of the priesthood and an awesome story about how it has blessed them. They asked for blessings and a blessing on the house so me and Hayes gave a couple blessings each. Buuut that was basically the week, and yeah and I turned 20 so that was weird, guess I have to start acting like an adult now. We'll see. Hope you all have a great week and that you are ready to #lighttheworld

Aloha!
Elder Smith

1. Me
2. Elder Hayes
3. Ikaika
4. Gangster Cat









No comments:

Post a Comment