Monday, January 16, 2017

Crazy Week

What a week it has been.

So before I address the elephant in the room lets talk about missionary work. So this week has been simultaneously busy and not busy week. We spend most of our days trying to visit part members or less actives but we have had little success in that regard. Most of our appointments need to be rescheduled but hopefully we will start seeing some more work happening this week. I had one pretty cool experience where a really less active guy came to church and was asking us how he could feel gods love and why it seemed his life was always getting harder. Elder Boyd shared a scripture with him and he actually started tearing up saying that he had read that same scripture and that it is what made him realize that he needed to get back into church. After this we had a member of our Bishopric talk to him but before hand he was really hesitant saying that he had met this man before and that we shouldn't trust him (apparently last time he was in the building he punched someone) but we just felt really strongly that he should talk to him. In the end it went really well and we are going to start helping him figure his life out. We will hopefully be seeing him at church next week. After that Brother Aki (the bishopric member) apologized to us for judging the man and thanked us for being wise enough to give him a chance. Made me feel really good after the rest of the work this week turned into a bit of a let down.

We also had Interviews this week which is always fun, I know I said it last time but I love how President Bekker has this amazing ability to correct us by making us want to do better. He gave me some advice on how to improve our area and he told me that I will most likely be moving areas this next transfer (which I already assumed, but it still technically isn't final). The big thing this week was that the worldwide missionary schedule has changed. I won't go into the minutia of the changes because it won't really mean much to you but the big thing is that planning will now happen in the morning instead of at night which will definitely make it easier to do things like write in our journals because frankly I've been pretty bad about that.

Ok so. The video! I can honestly say that finding out about that was probably one of the funniest things ever. Honestly it is so amazing that it went viral. If you haven't seen it check it out. Granted we probably would have been a little less crazy had we known that tons of people would see it but I really don't regret anything Hahaha. Honestly we just kept hearing from members how many views it had and we were just cracking up. Also Bishop Pasikala played it in front of all the youth at SED so that was also pretty hilarious. President Bekker did call me about it yesterday and no one is in trouble (don't worry mom) and he kept telling me how great of a mother I have so no worries. I'm glad it happened.

Anyway so thanks mom for making me famous and let me know if anyone tries to ride our coattails. I feel like it has got to happen.

Love you guys and have a great week!
Elder Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment