Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Beginning of the End

Aloha!

Well we are finally here in the last transfer of my mission, pretty nuts to think about to be honest, but I think it's going to be a good one. Like I said before I now cover the Makakilo and Palehua Wards which has been a bit of a shake up. Palehua Ward is pretty dope and seems like it has some really cool members in it, I'm sad that I won't have much time to get to know them. We have all three members of the Stake Presidency in our ward so that is pretty dope, they are all pretty great member missionaries so we are working on doing a lot of work through them.
We were able to meet a woman thus week named Sandy who is from Pohnpei (I think I'm spelling that right, it's a Micronesian island) and was being taught by missionaries before. We will be meeting with her (and hopefully her family) tonight so we'll see how that goes.

4th of July was pretty alright, Hawaiians don't really go too crazy when it comes to independence day so there wasn't much going on. We had a breakfast at the chapel in the morning then went to President Mafi's house (in the stake presidency) for a barbecue at night with the Nanakuli Elders. There weren't any fireworks but we did grab some sparklers. Gotta rep the mainland somehow.

We helped our investigator Aaron move from his house at the top of Makakilo Drive to a new house at the bottom and that was quite the experience. We moved every piece of furniture to a moving truck and just when we thought we were done he remembered we had to grab the washing machine. I'm no mathematician but I think it was about a million pounds and the fact that we were able to lift it into his truck was a miracle in itself. Thankfully we had the Kalaeloa Elders and Waianae Sisters helping us out with the move (Though they all dipped out when we had to move the washer).

Funny story for the week was on Saturday when me and Elder Cowden, the Kapolei Elders, Nanakuli Elders, and Waianae Sisters were all at the stake center for a meeting and afterwards went to check out a graduation party (graduation is huuuge in Hawaii) that was happening in the cultural hall. About five minutes into being there President Bekker walks in. Turns out he was invited to the party and came, so naturally all of the Elders that were there pulled him into the photo booth and took a picture. It was legendary, I'll attach it.

But yeah it's been a pretty good week, I love my new comp Elder Cowden. He's from Riverside, California and has been out about 9 months. He's a great missionary but still knows how to have a good time, definitely one of my funnier companions.

Hope you guys are still always finding ways to make someone else's day better. Love you all, keep the faith!

Elder Smith
Hawai'i Honolulu Mission

1500 S. Beretania St. ste. 416
Honolulu, HI 96826

1. Murica tie
2. Picture of a picture of the Makakingdom with President Bekker



No comments:

Post a Comment