Monday, June 25, 2018

Well it's been quite the week. Here's the rundown.

So Monday I was able to check one thing off my mission bucket list and that was to eat balut. The Pierces (Same family that gave us habeƱeros last week) heard of my "I'll eat anything once" philosophy so they got me some balut to try. For those who don't know its basically a hard boiled egg except the chicken embryo is already developed partially. Still basically tastes like a hard boiled egg just with little bones, veins, and feathers. No big deal. Elder Lambert didn't want to do it with me so Sister Pierce was a homie and we did it together. That's how you build member trust my friends.

On a more spiritual note we had a cool opportunity to go with our RS President to the Laie temple visitors center. She brought a bunch of less actives or people who were working towards the temple and it was an awesome experience. AlohaLyn, the aunty we live with who us a recent convert, came and she absolutely loved it. She is pretty excited to work towards getting to the temple. Also while we were there I ran into the Chandler Ohana from waaaaay back in my Kaneohe days almost 2 years ago, surprisingly they still remembered me so I grabbed some pics with them. Funny thing is their daughter is actually serving in this mission because of some medical issues she has and I've served with her a couple times.

Friday I had my second to last zone conference which was so weird. Seeing these missionaries that I have known for so long give their dying testimonies was so crazy. Hard to believe that will be me in another transfer, but I plan on making my remaining time out here count. The theme of the conference was recognizing the spirit, something that I have come to learn much more about in my time here in Hawai'i. I'm so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost and the blessings that go along with it.

For the weekend we spent a good chunk of Saturday helping our investigator Aaron tear up tile in his new house with those big scrapers. It was pretty nuts, we got the Kapolei elders to help us out but by the end all of us were just dead. He was very grateful for the help though so it was all worth it.

Sunday was a good day at church, I was able to give a talk in sacrament about following the prompting of the Holy Ghost which fit in nicely with what we talked about at zone conference.

All in all it was a good week, we had some teaching opportunities and lots of chances to serve, can't ask for much more than that. Love you guys and hope you are all finding ways to spread the Gospel in your own lives.

Aloha!

Elder Smith
Hawai'i Honolulu Mission

1500 S. Beretania St. ste. 416
Honolulu, HI 96826

Me and the Chandler Ohana



Me with Sister Chandler (their daughter) and Sister Hilton at ZC


Me and Elder Lewis



Me and Elder Moody



Me and Sister Thompson



Me and Elders Taka, Mawby, and Porter (from my batch)



Temple Squad



AlohaLyn at the VC



Balut pics








Me and Sister Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment