Monday, June 18, 2018

Tender Mercies

Aloha!

Sorry for the late email, I actually have no excuse I just straight up forgot to send an email until now. Whoops.

Not a whole lot to report this week, no real sit down lessons just some doorway conversation and service. Still little successes here and there but a lot of people have been dropping us or just losing interest. All in all we are looking to reboot the area and just find a ton of different people, we have some fun ideas planed to get the ward involved because that really is the key here. Members don't always realize the power that they have in missionary work, we are aiming to show them that power.

We went on two exchanges this week and I took over the area both times. The first was with my favorite sole Elder Fanene where we ended up getting challenged by some members to eat a super spicy pepper. We have a pretty funny video of it that I'm trying to send but email is being difficult. The second exchange was with Elder Chandler and we were able to make a cool video about how to use Facebook effectively in missionary work. All in all both were fun and informative.

The highlight of the week came Sunday night, after a week of pretty much nothing I was getting a little down on myself. Slow weeks aren't fun to have when you only have 9 weeks left, so I had a heart to heart with God for some kind of confirmation that my time here is well spent. On our way home from street contacting at night a random kid ran up to me and said "Elder Smith is that you?" I looked at him and realized it was John and his mom Leslie, two people I taught while I was in Honolulu about a year ago. I ended up taking some time to catch up with them and found out that missionaries recently started going by again and they are going to be baptized next month. Apparently ever since me and Elder Lewis taught him about baptism all that time ago he has been wanting to do it like crazy but because that ward got whitewashed 4 times I about 8 months he and his mom sorta slipped through the cracks. But they are all in now and they started thanking us for what we taught them, a lesson I hadn't even thought about for months.
I want to testify to you guys that when you open your mouth about the gospel you are making a difference, even if we don't see it in the moment someone will be touched by it, I promise you. I'm so grateful that my heavenly father gave me this tender mercy.

But that's all for this week, love you all and hope that you all find a way to serve your neighbor this week. Be bold, God is with you!

Elder Smith
Hawai'i Honolulu Mission

1. The moment before the pain set in
2. Me with Leslie and John
(Not a lot of pics this week)



No comments:

Post a Comment