Tuesday, March 13, 2018

High Hopes

Aloha!

Sorry for the late email, had a crazy p-day. But first off, my week. Me and Elder Ferrin are still hitting Ka'u and doing whatever we can here. Like I said before finding ways to keep yourself busy here can be a little difficult but I can promise you that the Lord blesses us when we do whatever it is that we can. For example we had a new family move into the ward (the Uckers) and they seem really cool, husband isn't a member but seems nice enough. We are hoping that we might be able to start working with him fairly soon.

We are continuing to work with other less active or part member families, but the overall main issue at the moment is getting them to come to church. Sometimes we can be a little hard on oursleves but its important to remember that we are there to invite and guide, people will still be people. I'll just go and do whatever the Lord wants and we will see where that path leads.

P-day has been quite the adventure. We left early this morning for Kona to go to the temple, which was as usual an amazing experience. Its weird though how fast time is going, feels like it hasn't been that long since the last temple trip. Anyway after that I took the Kea'au Elders and Elder Ferrin on a tour of the scenic parts of Ka'u, we hit up Southpoint on the way back from the temple so we were still in our suits and felt like bosses. After that we switched clothes and went to a dope black sand/lava rock beach that has some cool tie ins to early Hawaiian history. Its not really known by the tourists so its stayed pretty preserved, beautiful hidden gem of this place. Very spiritual.

Anywho its been a pretty great week, I am finding joy in thw work even when the days don't go the way I want them to. Elder Ferrin and I have some ideas on how to shake things up around here, we will see how it all works out in the end.

Love you all!

Elder Smith

Also fun side notes: I met a family at Costco from St. George with the last name Snow. Probs related to me. Other fun fact is that apparently centipede bites don't swell up until like a week later so just when I thought it was better it flared up and looked gross, all good now though, just waiting for my centipede powers to kick in. Ofa atu!











No comments:

Post a Comment