Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Big Island Blues

Aloha eveyone!

Hope everyone had a great week this week. It was a relatively boring week here in the Kealakekua, we had a hard time meeting all of our investigators and finding new ones is still in a bit of a slump. Also I was a little down this week because I got word that my favorite investigator from my last area just got dropped. He was all set to be baptized when I left but I guess his mom got into a disagreement with the bishop because the cousin that wanted to baptize Ikaika wasn't worthy so his mom asked the elders there now to never come back. Honestly its one of the hardest things I've heard on my mission because Ikaika was one of my favorite investigators, I felt really close to him and I legitimately saw the gospel make a change in his life. My prayer at this point is that with the missionaries not coming by he and his mom will notice a difference and know what it is that they need. He still loves the church but he is only 15 so the mother is really the only thing stopping him. It got me a little down in the dumps but I know the only way to pull myself out is to make every second out here count.

The week wasn't all bad though, we had stake conference and President Bekker came to that and talked on (you guessed it) missionary work. It was good to see him and Sister Bekker. Also today we had the awesome opportunity of going to the Kona temple (my first time at this temple). It was really cool because it was super similar to the Fresno temple, going inside gave me a ton of flashbacks. The spirit was strong there and I think it gave me the shot in the arm that I needed. We have one week left of this transfer and I am ready to make it count. I will hopefully be staying here in Kona for another go around, but I will let you all know next week.

Love you all and hope you are starting the new year off right.
Aloha!

Elder Smith
Hawai'i Honolulu Mission

1. Gene the Chameleon
2. Gene when he got annoyed
3. Me daydreaming about golf while Elder Lee is on the phone during week plan.
4. Elda Lee
5. Sunset off Ali'i. This is basically a postcard shot
6. Me and Elder Lee at the Kona Temple











No comments:

Post a Comment