Monday, October 23, 2017

Triple Threat

Aloha friends and family!

This week has been a definite change of routine for us. On Tuesday me and Elder Hayes went to transfer meeting then the airport to pick up Elder Bird coming in from Kaua'i. He is 6"6' and from Mapleton, Utah and has been out for 3 months. That basically means that I am training and greenie breaking at the same time. When president told me that he appreciated that I could "go with the flow" I didn't think that he would be flowing me up and down the river like this. But naw it's been a good time. After trying and failing and trying again to fit a third bed in our room and telling all of of our dinners for the next week that there are now three of us we went on our way.

In terms of lessons we tried to meet with Ikaika but he couldn't because he moved his tutoring to that day so he could go to church, then we rescheduled it but he couldn't go because he got invited to the stake dance. I don't think I have ever been happier because of cancellations in my life. The down side is we had to push his baptism back a bit but he is still set and ready to be dunked when the time comes. This week Bishop Goo set up appointments for us to visit the Davis family and the Wong family, both of which want to get back to church and have a kid that isn't baptized so we are looking forward to meeting them this week.

The theme of the week for me has been attitude. I realized while reading through the Book of Nephi that we give Laman and Lemuel a hard time a lot for being the "bad guys" of the Book of Mormon when in reality they did almost everything that God commanded them, the only difference is that they did it out of stubborn obligation and not out of love of God. Because of this they never had a change of heart and never profited from their sacrifice. So remember that it isn't enough to just go through the motions of being "good" we actually have to BE good.

That's it for now, hope everyone's week was great and that you are striving always to share what you know. Love you all.

That's all folks
Elder Smith

1. Me and Elder Zollinger (my trainer who just finished his mission)
2. Me and Sister Iino (my neighbor who just finished her mission)
3. Dead (huge) rat found at service
4. Comps at the linger longer










No comments:

Post a Comment