Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Smith's out of Gas, VanShaar is Peeing in a Bottle, and the Cops Just Showed Up

I'm sure you're all wondering why my email is titled this way, let's just say that there are no dull moments here in the Hawai'i Honolulu mission.

So this week was an interesting one. We were able to meet a bit with the Elzinga family and see where they are, we are feeling good about the plan to start up lessons with just Preston so we are going to be sticking to that. Lessons with him start up this week (finger's crossed). We have talked more with Ikaika and he is pretty set on getting baptized which is really good for us to see, the only thing we need to do now is get him to realize how important church is, him coming regularly is the only real roadblock left (though he did come to scouts this week which was awesome). We also got a new investigator this week named Kenoa who is a Chuukese football player who was referred to us by his coach (a member of the stake presidency. He seemed marginally interested but his fellowshipper is solid so we will see how that goes.)

Also we got the chance to got to the temple today which was legit as always, lots of prayers answered. I feel really lucky to be able to go as much as I do, I know not all missionaries get this opportunity so I am very grateful for it.

I love you all and hope that you all find a way to spread the word. Aloha au ia 'oe!
-Elder Smith

PS. if anyone wants to hear the story behind my title, shoot me an email as to how you shared the gospel this week. Love ya

Mililani Zone at the temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment