Monday, June 19, 2017

Transfer News!

Aloha!

So its the most exciting week of the transfer. Transfer news!! So in a bit of a surprise I will be staying here in the Lanakila ward for another 6 weeks, that will bring me to a total of 6 months in this area making it my 2nd six month area. Elder Lewis and I will be staying together and we are excited to see what the next few weeks hold. The major change is that I will now also be serving as District Leader which, among other things, means I will have to conduct a training of 3 or 4 companionship every week. So we will see how that goes. I guess I couldn't dodge leadership forever.

Elder Lewis and I are still going strong, we basically have nothing in common and for some reason we still get along great. He is super in to cars, sports, and girls which are basically the three things I know nothing about. He'll try talking cars then I'll try talking Batman and then it usually just ends up going back to Spongebob because its the one thing we both love. Who knew?

So this week has also had some educating experiences. After the less than great ward council last week I was really tempted to just bide my time and ignore the "advice" that was given to us by the High Priest Group Leader however I decided that I couldn't just give up on this area so we went and talked to his neighbors who he has invited to church before and they are super solid, their son came to church and we set a return appointment with the mom. In total we had 4 new investigators this week which is more than I have ever gotten in a week in this area. Needless to say the lord is telling me that there is still work to be done in this area.

Thank you for all your prayers and thank you for all you do. Introduce your friends to the missionaries, its something you won't regret!

Love you all!
Elder Smith






No comments:

Post a Comment