Monday, February 19, 2018

Murphy's Law

Aloha ohana!

Well this week was definitely a wonderful one. I went on another exchange with the Pahoa elders but this time I was with Elder Ison in my area. It was fun taking over my area for the first time and we got a lot done. I had no clue what I was doing, but it was fun. Somehow I managed to drive us out of zone on accident which is almost impressive since we are 30 minutes from the Kona zone, but I find a way. Some things did go right however and we were able to talk to a lot of people I hadn't met before.

Aside from that the big event this week was the baptism of Joshua Aleolani Viernes. This was a really awesome moment because of how anxious he was to be baptized. And while the baptism itself was an amazingly spiritual experience, Murphy's law was in full effect. Circumstances briefly predating the baptism included:

• finding out that the font was gross so we did some emergency cleaning
• making a single program only for all technology then failing us so we weren't able to make any more
• finding out an hour before hand that the people I sent texts to days before asking them to give talks never got the texts
• finding out we had no idea where the jumpsuits were
• forgetting to make sure we had a pianist

There was more but I'll leave it at that. Experience has shown me that no matter how prepared you think you are, life always throws you a curve ball or three. But the thing is, at the end of the day none of those things really mattered. What matters is that Josh had a strong desire to change his life, to come to Christ, and that's what he did. He is an amazing man and he has never been happier. That's what matters.

Aside from that chaos nothing much to report this week, I can't believe its already week 6 in this transfer, the days are flying. Love you all!

Elder Smith
Hawai'i Honolulu Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment